Monday, November 19, 2012

What I'm Reading (2)

Since last summer I've been trying to read one book every week. My life gets very busy, but I feel like if I'm going to be a working writer, I need to read just as much as I write. Every Monday I will post here what I'm currently reading, and I'll add the reviews once they become available as well.

This week's book...


I spent most of my summer writing a YA novel that is in many ways a subversive modern telling of The Wizard of Oz, and being submersed in that world made me want to go back and check out the initial world L. Frank Baum created over a hundred years ago. This begins a 14-month challenge: one Wizard of Oz book a month, until all of Baum's Oz novels have been read. I've only read the first three books in the series, and I've always wanted to check out the rest. Now, finally, I'm going to read the entire series. I can't wait! 

This month I'm starting with The Wizard of Oz, but not just any edition -- the Annotated edition, which is filled with endless informative nuggets, full-sized color illustrations, a complete bio of Baum, and lots more. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment