Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Update!

Happy Leap Day everyone! I can't believe February is already over, I feel like it just started. But with the closing of one month comes the completion of another manuscript! That's right, I'm about a week away from finishing the first draft of my new YA horror novel The Zombie Playground! I've been writing like crazy... here's some updates on my various projects...

THE VAMPIRE UNDERGROUND: The first book of my Grisly High series (the second is The Zombie Playground) is coming very soon! Next week I'm going to start on the last major revision of my book, and then, unless a miracle strikes with one of the literary agents, I'll be publishing it to the Kindle in early to mid April! The fabulous Katie Bode is currently working on an amazing cover for the book, I can't wait to share it with all of you!

THE ZOMBIE PLAYGROUND: The second book of my Grisly High series is almost done, and I'm just as excited about this one as I am with the first book! I started writing the first draft on February 1st and I'm hoping to have it completed by Friday, March 9th. I'll start the first revision on this book in April, and will hopefully have it out for the Kindle in June / July this coming summer!

TOP SECRET SHORT STORY: I'm currently in an Advanced Creative Writing class, and while I work on The Zombie Playground, I'm also typing away at a new short story, which will be about four to five thousand words. It's different than anything I've ever written before, and I'm excited to share it with you all later this year!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRILOGY: My YA trilogy is still going strong on Amazon! The third book just got a fantastic 5-star review over at INK SCRATCHERS, and I'm looking forward to the March 9th weekend, when I'll be able to put the first installment up for FREE again! While this three-book story has a definitive end in Book 3, I still haven't decided if I'm 100% done with this world. I might return to it later this year for one more novel... stay tuned!

BRAND NEW DYSTOPIAN YA TRILOGY: I've loved writing the first two books in my Grisly High series, but before I start the third book, I definitely will want a change of pace, something in a different world I can focus on for a little bit. I've had an idea for a dystopian YA novel for a couple of years now, and I'm excited to finally tackle the first book. I've had a few ideas, but I think this is going to be my next project after I finish the final revision of The Vampire Underground!

So, as you can see, I've been very busy! Thanks so much for all your support everyone, and get ready for a 2012 filled with lots of brand new books by Mr. Brian Rowe!

No comments:

Post a Comment